Welcome to Jr Raiders Field Hockey 2021
Interested in playing one of the oldest and most treasured girls sports in the world?
Join the Hillsborough Jr Raiders Girls Field Hockey Program!
Jr Raiders Field Hockey's philosophy is to introduce the sport of field hockey through teaching fundamental skills & strategy, focusing on player safety and quality instruction while having fun and building player confidence.
Our field hockey season runs from August through the first week of November.
No prior experience necessary! Open to girls entering grades K-8
Registration is March-June
To reach us, press the contact us tab under the Field Hockey bar or press this link: Contact Us
- Mini Chix K-1: Practices will be Mid-August through November (1st weekend) Sundays from 11am-12:00pm.
- Grade 2-8 League Games: will take place on Sundays September through November (1st weekend) . Game times will range from 10:00a-4:00p for all home games.
- Grades 2-8 Weeknight practices will be held on the following days:
- Little Stix Grades 2-4: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:00p (Mr C East)
- Junior Stix Grades 5-6: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:30p (Mr C East)
- Senior Stix Grades 7-8: Mondays and Wednesdays 7:30p-8:30p (Mr C East)
*** While this is an instructional league, there must be a concerted effort to make practices. It is expected that players will be attending practices regularly in order to be eligible to play league games***
(Tentative) July Pre-Season Clinics (this is not part of the regular season August-November (first week)
All Practices, clinics and most Sunday home games will be at:
1) Woodfield Park (Mr. C East Field- Corner of Amwell & Marshall Roads)
2) Hillsborough High School Stadium Turf
3) Hillsborough High School Grass Field Hockey Field
Smoking is strictly prohibited on and around our fields and our players!!
Coaching (Head & Assistant)
Coaching Philosophy: The sport of field hockey will be introduced and reinforced in a motivating, enthusiastic atmosphere where fundamental skill building will be coupled with strategic game instruction. Practice will include stick work, concept drills, offensive and defensive game strategy, and conditioning.
The head coaches are knowledgeable and experienced in the sport of girl’s field hockey, most having played the sport themselves.
Interested in coaching? We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know!! You will be mentored by an experienced field hockey coach! Coaching also fulfills your work bond hours!
Coaches are required to attend Rutgers SAFETY Training. SAFETY TRAINING WEBSITE
If you are interested in either of these positions to help this program prosper, please contact us at:
Jr Coaching and Jr Officials
Jr Coaches: We are looking for player volunteers Grade 9 and up to Jr Coach! We value the skill, wisdom and patience that our Jr Coaches bring to the field!
If you are interested, please contact us at:
OUR PREVIOUS UNIFORMS THROUGH 2018 HAVE RETIRED! If you bought a Lacrosse/Field Hockey 2019 uniform, this is the same uniform.
Uniform is a reversible top and kilt=$62 Other pieces will be available at an additional charge through Universal Lacrosse (player numbers are assigned by graduation year by Jr Raiders Directors)
Medical forms due by practice start. Please click on the medical form tab on the main Jr Raiders HOME page to print.
- Medical form must be completed by your medical provider. Your medical provider will need to sign and stamp the form. Physical must be completed within the past year. If your daughter has a fall birthday, please bring the previous year's physical for start-of-season clearance. This mid-fall form can brought to us when it is completed.We will keep it on file for the following year. Please retain a copy for your records. We only have access to Jr Raiders Lacrosse forms and cannot obtain medical forms from other township programs and other Jr Raiders Sports programs.
- Any child without a completed medical form on file before the first practice will not be allowed to participate.
You may either bring your medical form to your coach or you may hand it in/email it to Kristin Redziniak at:
PLEASE LABEL ALL APPAREL AND EQUIPMENT WITH YOUR CHILDS NAME
- K-1: Black shorts and/or leggings, black sports bra (if needed) and black long sleeved cold weather top to be worn under provided tshirts.
- Grades 2-8: Black/maroon & white tube socks.Team uniform is required as described above for all games.
- Practice Pinnies: Reversible practice pinnies will be provided to all players NEW TO THE PROGRAM. Returning players will use their previous year's pinnies. Please keep these pinnies in your field hockey bag at all times.
ALL AGE LEVELS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING to EVERY game and practice otherwise you will be asked to sit the sideline:
- Practice Pinnie (from previous seasons- Only given to players NEW to Jr Raiders FH/LAX or who have outgrown their previous year pinnie)
- LOTS of water in a JUG bottle (64 ounce and higher) no disposable plastic bottles please. We went green!
- Inhaler and Epipen with child's name on them if child is prescribed these.
- Mouth Guard - not clear, green or white (MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS A BACKUP IN HER BAG)! All coaches will have spare to sell in the event that your child does not bring hers.
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats
- Reusable Cooling Towel
- Sports Bag: Jr Raiders sells these at apparel sales
- Goggles: Make sure the goggles are ASTM certified
- Field Hockey Stick- Link for example If you would like to buy your own stick, see the table below. Stick should be high-hip level
Field Hockey Stick Swap Program
If you would like to participate in our Jr Raiders Field Hockey Stick Swap Program (this is a first-come, first-served program), please let us know. We will annouce periodic stick swap dates.
Family Work Bond
This program is not able to run without the help of our generous and dedicated Jr Raiders Field Hockey parents!!
- Each family is asked to contribute 4 hours of volunteer service by signing up at www.signup.com where plenty of EASY volunteer opportunities will be posted.
- ALL COACHING AND PERMANENT PROGRAM POSITIONS WILL HAVE FULFILLED THEIR WORK BOND HOURS (i.e. Events Coordinator, Directors, Apparel Coordinator, Stick Swap Coordinator, Team Parent, etc)
- All hours will be tracked by Jr Raiders. Upon completion of 4 hours of service, the work bond will be considered to have been earned. Refunds are distributed after the end of the season. If you have another family member in another Jr Raiders Program during the same season you MUST fulfill each sports work bond hours in order to get your family refund post-season.
If a volunteer is unable to complete an assignment they must go to SignUp.com and cancel at least 24 hours prior to assignment. Please email to cancel at HGFH@jrraiders.org so this spot can be filled.
4. In order for volunteer time to be recorded, it is the VOLUNTEER'S responsibility to sign into their assignment at www.signup.com when filling any volunteer assignment.
Failing to do so may result in unrecorded hours which will not be considered for work bond refunds or roll over.
5. A full 4 hours must be worked to get your families work bond refund. If the full 4 hours aren't worked and recorded the work bond will be forfeited and no refund or roll over will be given.
If you have children in other Fall Jr Raiders Sports, the 3 hours will be cumulatively added between the multiple teams volunteer hours.