Thank you for your interest in joining the Hillsborough JR Raiders Junior Coaching Staff. While we know your high school schedules are extremely busy, we appreciate your time, patience, and energy when working with our cheerleaders. Your volunteer involvement may qualify you for community service hours with your school, church, or other organization.
We take great pride in our Junior Coaching Staff as they play a vital role in the success of both our game day and competition cheerleading squads. Junior coaching will allow you to share your own cheerleading knowledge with a variety of age groups and will give you the chance to learn new skills under your head and assistant coaches. This opportunity offers you a leadership experience with girls who truly look up to you. Most of our Junior Coaches stay with the program throughout high school and even come back after college.
Signing up to be a Junior Coach comes with the understanding that you are committing yourself and your personal time to participate as a member of the JR Raiders coaching staff. It also means understanding that your attendance at practices, football games, and other Jr. Raiders events are required.
Once you are assigned to a cheerleading squad, the primary person you will communicate with is your head coach. Your head coach is the adult who has ultimate responsibility for the cheerleading squad. Your head coach will determine what the goals are for the season and what actions or responsibilities will be required of you. It will be up to you to ensure that you are always communicating with your head coach with regard to your schedule, responsibilities, and the goals in support of the squad.
JUNIOR COACHING EXPECTATIONS:
- Junior coaches need to have a positive attitude and be a good role model for younger children.
- Junior coaches need to have a strong desire to instruct and mentor younger children
- Junior coaches should be communicating effectively, identifying individual needs, motivating your team, and assisting in building confidence.
- All team rules with regard to behavior, language, actions, dress attire, and respect are expected to be adhered to by all coaches and cheerleaders. Disrespect toward a coach or fellow cheerleader will result in removal from the practice or event. No profanity or vulgar language will be tolerated. Constructive criticism from a junior coach is okay, but should not be used as an insult.
- Junior coach attendance at practice and football games is extremely important. If schedules do not allow the Junior coach to attend, she must communicate that to the head coach with as much notice as possible.
- Junior coaches are responsible for choreographing a halftime routine for your assigned squad. The halftime routine should be completed no later than August 8thth.
- Junior coaches are to assist head and assistant coaches at practice and football games by instructing cheerleaders on their motions, stunts, dance, tumbling, cheers, jumps, and other activities at practices and football games.
- Junior coaches should refrain from sitting down and being on their cell phones throughout practices and games.
- We ask junior coaches not to post videos of our cheerleaders and their routines on social media sites. Without proper consent from every cheerleader’s parent you are assuming a liability. JR Raiders will not sanction the posting of any video.
Please note if it becomes clear that a Junior Coach cannot meet the duties of the squad, disobeys rules and responsibilities set forth by the Jr. Raiders Cheer program or the individual squad, or behaves in a manner that reflects poorly on her or the program, she may be asked to step down from her role with the program.
The Hillsborough JR Raiders Cheer program strives to ensure our cheerleaders receive the support and encouragement needed to grow as an individual as well as be the best cheerleader they can be. This is accomplished by the help of our dedicated Coaches and Junior Coaches. All Junior Coaches are important to the success of the JR Raiders Cheer program. Thank you for your interest and we are looking forward to a wonderful cheer season!!